Posts Tagged ‘webinar’
Wednesday, March 14th, 2012
The chapter will be hosting green building webinar sessions in Boise and around the state to provide an opportunity for GBCI LEED Credential Maintenance and for AIA Continuing education credit, as well as another opportunity for interested people to learn about green building and related issues.
The webinars are taught by USGBC LEED Faculty and subject matter experts with real project experience. They include real green building techniques and strategies and up to date information about the LEED program.
USGBC Idaho’s LEED Credential Maintenance Webinar program is an affordable way to complete LEED credential maintenance requirements, allowing LEED APs and LEED Green Associates online green building and LEED-related courses.
*** Webinars are pre-approved for AIA as well as GBCI CMP
Automated CMP Reporting
We will be automatically reporting of all CE hours directly to GBCI and AIA. Hours will be reported within 1-2 weeks on your behalf, eliminating the need to self report.
- Twice a month 1 ½ hr sessions at the USGBC office (523 W. Front St. Boise)
- 2nd Thursday of the month 11:30-1:00pm & 4th Wednesday of the month 4:30-6:00pm
- Office hours for drop in for those that pay for 24 webinars: 3rd Tuesday of the month 1:00-5:00pm
Pricing for USGBC Idaho members:
- $150 for 24 webinars and 36 credits (each webinar is 1.5 hours)
- $10 for an individual webinar session- rsvp required
Pricing for non-members:
- $350 for 24 webinars and 36 credits (each webinar is 1.5 hours)
- $25 for an individual webinar session- rsvp required
- AIA Members discounted rate of $15
Host a webinar at your company:
- USGBC National Member companies or USGBC Idaho Chapter current sponsors:
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012
405 Howard Street, A Case Study in Cost Effective Strategies for Success
Multi-tenant building owners and managers are presented with unique challenges and opportunities when pursuing LEED for Existing Buildings: O&M certification. 405 Howard St, a multi-tenant office building in San Francisco achieved platinum certification by pursuing cost effective operational strategies with direct benefit to the bottom line. Join us as the professionals closest to this effort – the building owner, property manager, and LEED consultant – highlight the process, strategies, and decision making that contributed to this successful project.
This session is approved for 1.5 hours of General (Not LEED Specific) GBCI hours as well as 1.5 AIA/CES LU/HSW/SD hours.
- Evaluate innovative and cost-effective operational strategies for multi-tenant office buildings
- Identify challenges and opportunities associated with various aspects of a project timeline
- Compare roles of various project team members in successful implementation of a multi-tenant EB:O&M project
- Prepare to apply lessons learned to current and future project work
· $150 for 24 webinars and 36 credits (each webinar is 1.5 hours)
· $10 for an individual webinar session- rsvp required
Pricing for non-members:
· $350 for 24 webinars and 36 credits (each webinar is 1.5 hours)
· $25 for an individual webinar session- rsvp required
· AIA Members discounted rate of $15
Friday, February 24th, 2012
Thursday, March 1stNoon-1:30pm
Idaho Power, 1221 West Idaho St. Boise, ID
$10 members, $12 nonmembers, brown bag free
rsvp for lunch to rsvpATusgbcidaho.org by 2/28
menu: chicken enchiladas and beans from Life’s Kitchen
Sustainability Beyond Building
LEED For Neighborhood Development: A Tool to Retrofit the Suburbs
Join us for this 1 ½ hour webinar presented by national experts in green building and sustainable development.
The global economic crisis has shown that the rampant outward growth of most American metropolitan regions is both environmentally and financially unsustainable. With large retailers going out of business and many suburban jurisdictions looking to alter their zoning codes and encourage more compact development, there are many opportunities to create walkable, urban places in the suburbs. Learn how LEED for Neighborhood Development can be used as an urban design tool in appropriate suburban locations to encourage this type of development through certified pilot case studies.
This webinar is approved for 1.5 hours of LEED Specific (ND) GBCI hours as well as 1.5 AIA/CES LU/HSW/SD hours.
- Gain knowledge about the LEED-ND Rating System and its applicability from pilot case studies.
- Compare LEED-ND technical strategies from certified pilot projects located in suburban areas.
- Explain the challenges faced by LEED-ND pilot projects and the strategies used to overcome them.
- Identify key reasons why development teams of owners chose to pursue LEED-ND certification for a suburban development project.