- Green Schools Challenge 2013-2014
- Sustainable Homes Series
- Support the Idaho Chapter
- Education & Resources
- Social Events
Posts Tagged ‘Neighborhood Development’
Friday, February 24th, 2012
Thursday, March 1stNoon-1:30pm
Idaho Power, 1221 West Idaho St. Boise, ID
$10 members, $12 nonmembers, brown bag free
rsvp for lunch to rsvpATusgbcidaho.org by 2/28
menu: chicken enchiladas and beans from Life’s Kitchen
Sustainability Beyond Building
LEED For Neighborhood Development: A Tool to Retrofit the Suburbs
Join us for this 1 ½ hour webinar presented by national experts in green building and sustainable development.
The global economic crisis has shown that the rampant outward growth of most American metropolitan regions is both environmentally and financially unsustainable. With large retailers going out of business and many suburban jurisdictions looking to alter their zoning codes and encourage more compact development, there are many opportunities to create walkable, urban places in the suburbs. Learn how LEED for Neighborhood Development can be used as an urban design tool in appropriate suburban locations to encourage this type of development through certified pilot case studies.
This webinar is approved for 1.5 hours of LEED Specific (ND) GBCI hours as well as 1.5 AIA/CES LU/HSW/SD hours.
- Gain knowledge about the LEED-ND Rating System and its applicability from pilot case studies.
- Compare LEED-ND technical strategies from certified pilot projects located in suburban areas.
- Explain the challenges faced by LEED-ND pilot projects and the strategies used to overcome them.
- Identify key reasons why development teams of owners chose to pursue LEED-ND certification for a suburban development project.